Grant Funded Initiatives: Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI)
Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) is designed and funded by the Study of the U.S. Branch in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). Study of the U.S. Institute participants are among over 40,000 individuals participating in U.S. Department of State exchange programs each year. For more than sixty years, ECA has funded and supported programs that seek to promote mutual understanding and respect between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. Other ECA programs include the Fulbright Program and the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program. For more information about ECA programs, visit here.
Student Leaders On Social Entrepreneurship
The five-week Study of the United States Institute for Student Leaders on Social Entrepreneurship provides university student leaders from North Africa with a transformative learning experience that deepens their knowledge and understanding of the United States while equipping them with the social entrepreneurial skills to create sustainable solutions to problems in their communities and country.
These programs are designed to:
- Deepen participants’ understanding of the U.S.
- Provide participants with an overview of how to use business techniques and entrepreneurial skills to address social issues. Participants will develop a project to be implemented when they return home.
- Develop participants’ leadership and collective problem-solving skills, and inspire them to apply these skills.
This 2018 SUSI for Student Leaders on Social Entrepreneurship is being hosted by the University of Connecticut (UConn) and will be developed and delivered by the university’s Global Training and Development Institute (GTDI). GTDI has educated more than 9,000 individuals from 130 countries over the last 30 years.
GTDI is also pleased to partner with UPEACE on this program. UPEACE’s work in advancing social entrepreneurship is well-known and highly regarded across the globe.
SUSI Program Materials:
- Jack Barry, Ph.D., SUSI Academic Director: email@example.com
- Karim Mabrouk, SUSI Residential Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roy Pietro, Ed.D., Director, Global Training and Development Institute: email@example.com
|This is a program of the U.S. Department of State, administered by the University of Connecticut.|